Saturday, October 24, 2009

It Hurts So Good

Feeling today's ride now. Played hard.
Six of us clad in layers of Lycra leaped on our aluminum and carbon made machines ecstatic to be out in the sun. It was all about chatter and fun. My silver goatee, Cat6, Birchies, and MelloVello met up with Ron in Flanders red at Wayzata. Soon city limit signs were being knocked off by StevenCX and Joe MelloVello. I enjoyed my spectator status, although, I sneaked one in towards the end of the ride. It was a little hidden by trees, but HEY it counts.
We got a little frisky on the rollers again. I don't know why we haven't learned to avoid doing that. I guess it's part of the addiction. We even took on Christmas Lake hill. As I told Amy, I've never gotten to the top of that stupid hill thinking, I got it that time. It kicks you back right at the top and it hurts.
After a week of soggy rides, this jaunt was oh so perfect in every way. But, like always, this ride was made perfect by great conversation, great scenery and great friends. 79/19.1

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Friends and good conversation...it makes such a difference. Glad you had a good ride today.

StevenCX said...

Note to self: cool weather requires more calories than warm...