Sunday, January 13, 2008

Orbea




I finally got my Orbea back yesterday. Excelcycle did an adequate job, but it sounds like Orbea USA kind of dragged their feet. First the front derailleur cable stop broke off the frame. I got it back in pretty good time, and then the rear derailleur cable stop broke off the frame. It's hard to know what caused the problem, but I'm guessing, and hoping, it was just bad rivets. If it's a frame issue things could get miserable. All in all I've been without my Orbea since before Thanksgiving, which really sucks. Even though I wouldn't have been riding it, it's irritating that it had to break (I've only had it for 6 months), and then take so long to get fixed. It feels so good to have it back.



A buddy was telling me the other day that his girlfriend wouldn't be home when he got back from his ride. He seemed a little too excited when he mentioned that this meant he could take his bike in the shower. I wondered if his girlfriend got jealous. I hope it was good for both of them.



Nice ride today...did the Grand Rounds, and then went over to the Fair Grounds and came back on Cleveland to Franklin, along West River Road to Minnehaha Parkway. Saw a guy walking his bike along the creek. He had a cigarette in his hand. I always get a kick out of seeing someone smoking while riding. 41/14.0

No comments: