Thursday, April 26, 2012

It's Different

Since I turned 50 (4 years ago) I've noticed a real difference in my riding abilities. This year seems to be another fairly dramatic change. I understand it, and I'm sort of accepting it, but I don't like it.
Felt good on my ride today, like I could've gone faster, but knew that I needed to take it easy. Kept the speed slow, and the miles low. You see there's the difference. In the past it would've been as fast and as far as I could go. 20/15.8
Along Minnehaha Creek

5 comments:

tainterturtles said...

That's beautiful. I can imagine the fragrance is amazing.

Glad to hear you are accepting the age/body thing....but I know what you mean. Why can't we just keep going and going like we were 20?

MrDaveyGie said...

I know, I know, I so know...I don't like it either. Losing speed, I can tell, haven't done my TT in a few years. Don't want to. :-) But beautiful pictures.

Unknown said...

OMG, Amazing photos, so nice so nice, real pleasure to the eye!

Greets,
Holiday Rentals Saas Fee

mrbill said...

Nice pics, I've no doubt that you will grow old gracefully, but reluctantly, I understand, but that doesn't mean I like it!!

amy said...

if resting when tired is a sign of old age, I have been old for several years already! lovely pictures.