Saturday, June 16, 2012

Nice and Simple

Took it very easy today. Amy, with her broken clavicle, joined us for a few miles, Barb rode with us all the way to St Boni. Steve, Randy and I took the Dakota Trail to its end in Mayer, then turned around and rode home. The three of us were just rolling along chattin' away like a bunch of old ladies.
It was raining when we all started, but it was a warm rain. We would have been just as wet with temps in the 90's and no rain. Only issue is we have to clean our bikes now.
I'm not sure when the rain stopped. We really weren't paying that much attention to it. The sun did come out, I'm guessing about 20 miles into the ride.
Real, good ride, with some real, good friends. I've been riding and racing with Randy for about 15 years. 75/16.6


Rode over to the Stone Arch Bridge Art Festival on my single speed Schwinn Traveler this afternoon. Lots of people, deep fried cheese curds and, oh yeah, some art exhibits. Another 13 miles.

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Despite the rain today, it sounds like you had a great ride with friends.

Poor Amy. Mountain biking is very unforgiving!!!

Guess who I saw today???