Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nice Weekend

The Orca has just plain been noisy for a couple of weeks now, and it's been drivin' me nuts. I hate those creeks, and clunks, and chirps that bikes can make. I've tried everything. Took the headset apart after my ride today. By the way, my ride was very nice. Rode with Colin and Paul. Colin is on the team. Paul and I met through our daughters, who were in ballet together. They basically just told us to meet and start riding with each other. Like good dads we did what we were told. Even though we wear different colored jerseys it is always very nice to brag about our daughters to each other.
OK so the headset. I took it apart and found this:

The band that holds this all in place had broken. Maybe this is what was making the clattering noise. I also added some grease to the bearings. They seemed OK, but I figured while I had it apart I might as well.  I'll give it a test ride tomorrow see if there's a little more quiet. 51/18.6

Hung out with Elijah tonight. We just went over to Cornelia Park, played on the slides and swings, then threw the Frisbee and football around. Simple but really fun. It's that beautiful time of year in Minnesota.
The Park Was Lookin' Very Nice.


1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

I can't tell you how many times Bike man says "do you hear that squeek" while we are riding. Bike noises bothers him too...big time. Is that a guy thing?