Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Again?


I got hit by a car again tonight. I was crossing Cedar on the parkway trail and a lady made an illegal left turn. Fortunately neither of us were going fast. Unlike Saturday, this motorist stopped and seemed genuinely sorry. The crash broke her side view mirror off. I didn't go down and nothing happened to Evil.
As luck would have it a cop saw everything and pulled up with lights on in like a minute. He asked if I was OK, then started telling the lady what she did wrong. I was in the cross walk, and a left turn at that intersection between 4-6pm is not allowed. She got a ticket, I rode home.
I don't remember ever being hit by a car and in the last few days...twice.

I don't know...I just don't know.

Be careful.

2 comments:

ethelophilosophos said...

You too.

tainterturtles said...

OMG, I can't believe it Tom. After all these years of reading your blog you rarely go down due to a car. Please be careful out there.