Saturday, October 18, 2008

From Solitude

It's always nice to ride with friends, and it looked like that would happen today, but it turned out to be a solo ride.
I don't have a very stressful life, but there is something about a 4+ hour ride in rural surroundings, that is vital to my mental and physical well being. Everything during my ride today was welcoming, reassuring, calming and explanatory. Maybe it's the chance to search the landscape and see where I come from, maybe it's the simplicity, the lack of city clutter, the ability to see as far as is possible. Answers, or clarification comes from somewhere during these rides. The exploration has wonderful rewards.
There are always great conversations when riding with friends. Today I had many enlightening conversations, with trees, farms, barns, sky, clouds, wind and rivers. 80/18.4

No comments: