Sunday, October 26, 2008

That Was A Long Shower

Got up expecting it to be cloudy, windy and snowing, but it was sunny! I couldn't see a cloud. Yes! The weather guy got it wrong. No! The weather guy got it right. By the time I was on the bike the clouds had moved in. About half way to Wayzata the sleet started, with a mixture of rain and snow to keep it interesting. Actually the ride out to Wayzata was pretty good. The wind was tough, but we weren't really trying to beat it, so we just took what we could get. We were working so we stayed warm. The snow was a little rough on the face, but really it wasn't bad.
The ride home was different. Because we had the wind at our backs, we weren't working as hard and we didn't stay as warm, but the real issue for me was the rain. We got wet and at 40 degrees it got pretty unpleasant. Shoes got soaked through as did the gloves, so the hands and feet were pretty cold. A nice long shower and a little tomato soup, once home, melted all the cold away. It's unlikely I will get off the couch, or far from the warm glow of the TV for the remainder of the day.
Rode with fellow addicts, Amy and Chris. For the second day in a row Amy logged in more miles than me. I think I'm getting intimidated. 31/16.3

No comments: