Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow Machine

Couldn't resist the sun (Lynne was right), so with re-inflated tires on the Cannondale to 60 psi, the R.E.D Frequency sitting straight on my head, I set out on a freshly plowed greenway. A staccato hum of three rows of carbide studs played on the patches of pavement left bare by the plow, and fell silent where the snow refused to be moved. Not all the paths and trails had been cleared, but old blue was up to the challenge. The most senior bike in my arsenal, it's the one I rely on to get me across the more torturous terrain.

Clouds absent from their usual overhead position, and fresh white everywhere lit the late afternoon, but produced only the image of warmth.

The last three rides I've been on have been the coldest of this season. No aches in my face during these rides may be leaving me excuse-less. 22/12.2/-1

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I love the way that bike looks! Very nice for an old boy (the bike, the bike...)