Wednesday, November 16, 2011

He Did WHAT!?

I'm not sure what got into me, but last night I developed a hankerin' for some trail riding. Got me on the de-fanged Winter Beast, with some 26 x 2.35ers. Not big enough to have their own names, but massive compared to my usual 23cm.
It was very pretty, but damn cold, and the wind out of the WNW from 15-25 mph didn't warm anything up. Actually I got the layers down just right and was very comfortable, but when I stopped to take a picture, removing my glove, and unzipping the Gore Windstopper, I felt the bite and cold immediately. 35 degrees when I got home with a windchill of 25. My average speed the 1st 15 miles, into the wind, was 13.5.
Nice ride. I'll be doin' it again soon. 30/14.1

The Winter Beast Relaxing Afterwards
Turn Around Point at Oak Lake

Trail Colors

Birch Trees




4 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

I see FatTire in your future....
WoW, love the pictures. That is the funniest thing I heard all week- " Not big enough to have their own names" LoL

tainterturtles said...

I like that winter beast, looks like a nice bike.

Your pictures remind me of the Red Cedar trail!

amy said...

you know Tom, that winter beast could probably navigate mountain bike trails. Perhaps you are missing me when I go mountain bike riding?

mrbill said...

I don't remember you being off road before, nice pics, sounds chilly.