Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tom's Turkey Day

Tied the all time high temperature mark for this date today. Rode with Amy and Greg in the morning, on the fast-goodlookin' bike, with a vest on. The last time I rode a road bike on Thanksgiving, I think, was '98. Just along the river and up into Theodore Wirth Park. We crossed the 45th parallel twice. 35/16.3
Ideal weather, great friends, on bikes...wait, it gets better.

I made Thanksgiving dinner for my kids and the grandlumps; turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, corn, gravy, and rolls all made from scratch. Brit and Ethan brought stuff to drink. Gabrielle brought the salad. My ex brought homemade pumpkin pies, one of which was made from fresh pumpkin, and a banana cream pie. She can make pies, oh, man! I also provided a french silk pie.

So, to summarize; wonderful weather, road ride, fantastic friends, delicious dinner, my kids and grandkids...yeah, you're right, that is perfect!

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

You had a great day! Riding, food, family....wow. Very nice, especially the pies.

mrbill said...

Good for you Tom, sounds like a great day!!