Saturday, December 22, 2012

Just Can't Hang It Up

Three snowmobile-ers, with bright yellow snow machines had stopped along the road. I could see they did a double-take upon seeing me coming towards them. I pulled up to them, with my skinny 23c road tires, and said, "I like my snow machine better than yours". They laughed and one said, "you just can't hang it up". I had to agree.
Temp was 11 when I started out. I bought a new pair of boots, the old Lakes are being held together with pedal straps. These new boots kept the old hairy toes toasty. Spendy, but worth it.
http://fat-bike.com/2012/08/new-45nrths-winter-cycling-boot-wolvhammer/
Sun was out and created, not only a beautiful ride, but helped to keep the rest of me feelin' fine.

I needed this ride bad. The road is in my blood...I can't live without some long hours and miles on rural pavement. 58/15.8


1 comment:

MrDaveyGie said...

"I needed this ride bad" yesssss.
I'm jealous of your shoes....sizing seems to be an issue did you order a size larger?