Thursday, January 31, 2013

Every Time

I did not want to go out in this. Temps descending like a tour cyclist with a stage to win and nothing to lose, winds unabatedly screaming. I packed on all the layers needed for a below zero ride, while giving a pep talk to the Beast.
Goggles in place and no layer leaks letting fridged farenheit find any access. Sun was out, but it was just pretending.
In these temps, I wear those tights (Pearl Izumi) with the heavy wind stopper panels in front. The back of the tights are pretty basic so, when you have a significant tail wind....
Once out I felt good, everything stayed protected. I even needed to open the vents in my ski helmet. That thing is worth its weight in gold.
As usual when I don't want to go out I was glad I did. 20/12.8

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

I have a pair of those Pearl Izumi heavy duty tights too, and I love them for biking and running!

Saw faithful cyclists out today in Minneapolis....we thought about you Tom. Sorry we couldn't get together, maybe next time when we're in the city longer.

Jackie said...

I don't know you, but I feel like I do. I see your name beside mine almost every time Lisa posts (Tainterturtles) so, I decided to jump over here and read some of your blogposts.
Kool helmet. Looks like Darth Vader (sort of!)
I tell Lisa all the time how lucky you guys are to have all that beautiful snow and "true" winter.
It's hotter than blazes here most of the time...(South Georgia/North Florida) so, I live vicariously through Lisa's photos.
Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Smiles,
Jackie