Saturday, September 14, 2013

Solo Belle Plaine

Every now and then, instead of sleeping, my night is full of lying in bed without the benefit of my eyes closing. It was about 3:30AM when sleep was finally able to settle my imagination. I Needed to be up at 7 to be riding by 8 so I could be ready for an appointment at 3pm...yes I may have gotten 3 hours of sleep last night. But I made my appointment and got an 85 mile solo ride in to Belle Plaine.
TV, beer and pizza was all I could muster this evening, I'll be in bed by 8:30 on a Saturday night.
I love the route I took today, and even at my pace, slowed by lack of sleep, it was still great. First long-sleeved jersey and knicker ride of the fall. Great conversation, although I did look over my shoulder a few times to make sure, out in the middle of nowhere, nobody saw that I was talking to myself. Just for the record, I'm pretty good company, and can carry on very interesting discussions on a wide range of topics. 83/17.9

Harvest Time Is Close



Into The Minnesota River Valley

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

I'm sure you had a wonderful peaceful ride, but please consider joining us on top of Seeley Fire Tower hill for the Fat Tire race next year.