Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cold And Wet

Donned the rain gear and cycling cap, as the hoped for let-up never came. With the blue bill of the cap low, glasses stayed dry, but that was about it. A couple of commuters were out, no one else. A neighbor saw me, as I was leaving, and asked, "you're going out in this?" I tried to explain that it's a fine line between sanity and insanity, but came up short when I claimed to be on the sane side of the line.
After about 30 minutes shoes, gloves and tights were soaked through. Drops on the edge of my cap bill would move back and forth from right to left, for about 2 minutes, until finally falling and becoming lost in the massive puddles that had already formed on the road below. I got no sympathy, or attention for that matter, from a few crying gulls, and a scampering squirrel I saw along my soggy route.
A wedge of white fog laid low over charcoal grey lakes slowly losing ice from the pelting rain. I felt the same rain on my face flowing to the back of my neck, and sending invading tingles of cold down my spine.

It's nice to feel. 25/15.5

No comments: