Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sometimes It's Personal

Planned on stopping and taking lots of pictures...wound up not stopping at all.

The wind was tough, straight out of the south at 15mph, so, of course, I headed into it.
The hard effort into the wind paid off...started dropping demons at Augusta. They had all fallen off by the time I made East Union. Looped around East Union (there is nothing there, but earth).
Having a much lighter load and the wind at my back the freedom was overwhelming. Speeds of 26,27, 28, 29 and even 30mph on the flats.

The wide open farm fields, with barns as temples and silos as spires of the newly revealed earth, saved my soul from the claustrophobia of life.

Reborn 74/17.9

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Sounds like you had a good ride today. Yes the wind was strong, I felt it when I was out riding on the lake around 10 am. this morning.