Saturday, July 25, 2009

Low Pressure

There's been this low pressure system up in Canada, that has kept our prevailing winds blowing from the northwest. It's been there for at least two months. When it comes to my rides, I love a tail wind on the home stretch, so the four of us started out into the wind heading up towards Hanover again.
Lots of hard work to plow through a significant and persistent wind, but, like always, the reprieve came and the tires were humming. It's a beautiful sound.
Great company, beautiful scenery...it almost gets boring, but there's no better way to spend a Saturday morning. Perfect!
I think I left a lung on the road, I was hackin' so much. Still got stuff in the lungs....hope it clears up soon. 88/20.6

Matt took this picture of Steven, Amy and me about 70 miles into the ride.

3 comments:

amy said...

seemed automatic today. nice and quiet and steady. perfect again!

StevenCX said...

Great ride; I'd never have thought I could hang on for that long at that speed! The tailwind felt awesome!

tainterturtles said...

The wind felt weird today...it danced around. Sometimes from the west, sometimes from the northwest. For me it was tailwind going out, wind in the face coming back.

Total quietness for me today, that was nice.