Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Standard Weekday Route (SWR)

Saw Gordy. I don't usually stop to say hi to people, but old Gordy's different, and I haven't seen him for at least 9 months. He's the guy that got me into racing, and taught me everything I know. He's also the guy that I started doing the Hammer Hundreds with. I remember him taking me out a few weeks before my first race, and telling me how to take turns. I would turn with the inside crank arm down. He taught me to push on the outside and lean to the inside, with the inside crank arm up, of course. Seemed weird at the time. I won that first race, masters 4/5, Ken Woods. It was called Sogn Valley back then. I won (1st place) half of all the races I entered that year. They were all road races or TT's.
Gordy and I talked for a good 15 minutes, just standin' out on the greenway. We'll be grabbing a beer together very soon. While we were talking, who rides by with 3 of her buddettes, but Amy. Did she wave or say hi? Noooooo! Nate said hi, when I saw him over by the falls, but Amy...nope.
33/17.6

2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Gordy sounds like a cool guy. We all need a mentor like that in our lives.

As for Amy, she was just focused on her ride tonight...I'm guessing she a very serious rider! No chit chatting for her. Grrrrr......

Unknown said...

I really didn't see you. Saw Gopher guy and actually though "I think that is Tom's old Gopher friend" but eyes did not register you!