Monday, May 30, 2011

Hard To Beat

Ride starts at 10AM. At 9:50 I'm looking out the window and see hail. Phone rings. No, hi how are you, no introduction, just, "I'm under a bridge and I'm not coming out!" From the tone of her voice, I felt much safer knowing she wasn't coming out from under that bridge. Amy did make it to my place, hail ended, she got dried off, and we sort of waited out the rain. Apparently she wanted to get out before it stopped raining so I could get wet too. We were out of our rain jackets and arm warmers by the time we got to Wayzata.
It has been one of those perfect weekends. Lots of riding (about 220 miles), spent lots of time with friends, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. I'm sportin' a bit of a sun burn (it got up to 87 degrees today, with a dew point of 70, after the hail). And then some quality time with my camera this evening.

Got some extra credit riding in today. Monday is a recovery day. We did ride at a recovery pace, but tallied some pretty good miles on the computer as we cruised along the Dakota Trail past St. Bonnifacious. That's a very pretty trail. As odd as it may seem, it felt like we had a tail wind for 85% of the ride. The wind was in our favor to St. Bonni and seemed to shift once the front came through, again, in our favor. I'm not complaining. It was great riding with Amy, like always. Once I got wet she wasn't mad anymore.
I'd been home from the ride for about 15 minutes, and was pretty shot, when the phone rang again. It was RON! AND HE WAS OUT ON HIS BIKE and had shown up at my door!
I grabbed the fast goodlookin' bike, threw my shoes back on and we were gabbing like a couple of old ladies as we circled Isles and Calhoun. There was even talk about starting a Ron, Gordy and Tom ride on Monday afternoons. This has real serious potential. Today's ride 70/17.2

That was one damn good weekend.

This Morning's Hail
What Riding In The Rain Did To The "B" Bike
Windy, Hot, Hazy, and Humid at Harriet This Evening
Tulips At Lyndale Park

Peonys

Tonight's Storm Clouds Gathering Over Isles




2 comments:

tainterturtles said...

You did have a good riding weekend. Your miles are impressive.

No hail here, but lots of rain and wind.

MrDaveyGie said...

Yeap, a good week end = lotz of bicycling. Just how it is.