Monday, May 23, 2011

Never A Dull Moment

Yesterday at 2:16PM a tornado crossed Hwy 100 and Interstate 394. This is about two miles from my home. At 2:20PM I was exiting Hwy 100 and merging on to Interstate 394. I said to my traveling companion, "do you hear tornado sirens?" She said, "no". I rolled down my car window and sure enough they were blaring. Then we came upon debris strewn across the highway. She said,"maybe we should turn on the radio". 'CCO was declaring a tornado warning and indicated a tornado had been sighted at the 394 100 interchange. We both looked at each other and said simultaneously, "maybe we should go back home", instead of heading on to Art-A-Whirl.

After a stormy weekend with tornadoes two days in a row, and being chased by lightning on my Sunday ride, today the weather settled down to a very beautiful and calm spring time day.
I took the fast good lookin' bike out. The "B" bike needed to dry up. I removed the tires and poured about a 1/4 cup of water out of each of the rims. Then I cleaned the sand and road grit up and let everything sit in the sun. The chain is a little rusty after spending 5-6 hours riding in the rain. I guess that might mean I am too. The chain will be fine after a couple of squirts of lube.
Very nice ride today. Perfect weather and temps. 33/17.7

Yesterday's Storms Leaving

Tonight's Sunset



2 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Those dang storms are scaring my rides too....

tainterturtles said...

That was a close call. Good thing you weren't on the bike....with Amy!

Excellent photos.