Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wet Weekend

It's been a stormy weekend creating lots of soggy everything, and an explosion of green. I did get my shoes dried out from yesterday, only to re-hydrate them today. I could hear water sloshing in my wheel rims as I headed out to meet Amy. It had gotten in there during yesterday's ride. I figured, what the heck, they're just going to get filled up again today.
Amy and I made our way to Delano, with slight variations in the route just to check out new scenery. We only got sprinkled on a couple of times. It seemed we were going to avoid getting wet until we were hit with a real deluge just as we pulled out of Wayzata, on our way home. Very dark, low hanging clouds were behind us, then we heard a couple of growls of thunder and saw some cracks of lightning. After the first lightning strike Amy started taking some pulls. I don't know...I think she was safe on her all carbon bike, but she wasn't taking any chances, and proved to be faster than lightning, which I already knew.
The senses were definitely stimulated once again today, this time with electricity in the air.
Two pretty taxing back to back rides for me. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them. The elemental experience brought on by the rawness of the rain and storms will make them quite memorable. 68/18.6

Sky Line Last Night
Storms Passing Over Isles

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

I saw those skies last night while driving home from MSP. Bike man was getting nervous with my driving skills of watching the threatening skies and trying to drive all at the same time. I had heard there was a tornado warning right when we left to come home.

As for today, I had a few sprinkles on my ride, but made it home before the lightening started. I totally understand Amy's superwoman speed-up. Thunderstorms and cycling scare me too!