Saturday, May 21, 2011

It Rains In Heaven

It was a day for the oldest shorts and the most worn jersey underneath a rain shedding jacket mounted on "B". And I got to ride with my old friend, the dangling droplet of water dancing across the brim of my cap.
There was something about today's ride. It was invigorating, refreshing and new. Maybe it was simply the rain and how innocent and pure its cleansing made everything.
Maybe it was the trail I was on, the seclusion it provided, the simplicity of nature without the clutter of human civilization.
I've always liked taking on adverse conditions. I feel strong because I can overcome, the heat, cold, snow or rain. Maybe that was it. That my passion for my one and only love is so intense, nothing will keep me from it.
Or, maybe it's the reward of what I'll see and hear...and feel that I wouldn't if I was sheltered. The rain against my face awakens me. It's like a pinch to make sure I'm not dreaming. Could this be real? Am I really seeing this, feeling this, hearing this?

I discovered today, that it rains in Heaven. I saw it! 67/17.9

Dakota Trail
Lake Waconia
Didn't Want To, But I Turned Around





1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Excellent post Tom. You really feel it, smell it and sense it all. Most people miss the whole experience of being out in the elements. Cycling really is your life.