Saturday, August 20, 2011

If It's Not One Thing...

Knock is fixed, now it's a screech, usually at speed and coasting. It's similar to what you might think the call of a Pterodactyl could be. Scared the out of me and everyone around me today when I first heard it. And, of course, it happened more than once. Pretty sure it's also coming from the rear hub. Did some more work on it right when I got home from the ride. I was a little more generous with the grease this time. There's a new set of wheels waiting for their turn, if this didn't work. These wheels are in great shape, and the hub, housing...everything seems like I should get a lot more miles out of them. I'll see how they respond on tomorrow's ride.

A great ride today, despite some ---hole who can't keep his bike maintained. I don't know, I'd bet 20 birchies showed for this ride, some of my very favorite people. The schpiel great friends, great scenery, great weather, great fun, great ride couldn't have been more true today.
We set out for Afton and Stillwater, mixed it up a few times on the hills and rollers, then settled down for some pull trading back home. I think we had two flats, I stopped to check my wheel once, two or three water stops (obviously it wasn't a ride I sponsored), but like I said, great weather and delightful people to ride with...just a total blast. 87/18.8

No comments: