Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cold and Sunny

Never took it out of the small chain ring for the first 20 miles. That was a persistent and cold wind. A couple of times as we turned directly into the wind I could feel it penetrating my 4 layer armada. It was pretty nasty. Had the company of Steve and Amy to Wayzata when they turned back. Steve put on more miles than me today and Amy wound up just a little shy of my total. Amy was showing off her newest bike. It was the maiden voyage. I thought the flowers in the window were a nice touch.


I'd had a tail wind for about 3 miles when I took this image. The wind was at my back the rest of the way home.

Temp was 2 when I started and 16 when I got home. Wind chill never got above 0. I was warm and had a very enjoyable February road bike ride. Pretty amazing! 45/15.8

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

That wind was nasty today and I'm just amazed you could ride in those conditions. Glad you stayed warm in those 4 layers!