Saturday, August 4, 2012

Won't Stop


Still dealing with the remnants of a summer cold, but, with the help of some good friends, I got a very nice Saturday ride in. Bottom line is I felt better today than I have all week. I feel good that, even with a cold, I've gotten in my typical miles for a week.
Wind was a little more of an issue than I expected, but the temps were perfect. I mentioned to Amy how rare it's been to pass by a bank sign that showed a temp in the 60s. It felt great.
Lots of cyclists out today as we were on part of the Tour de Tonka route. We were heading in the opposite direction, so it wasn't too big of a problem. We did get cheered on by some high school cheerleaders, and even had some cops wave us through a couple of intersections. I could use more of that on all of my rides.
Good friends, good ride. Great to ride with Amy, like always. 88/18.9


1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Sounds like a great ride....hope your summer cold is on it's way out!