Thursday, August 21, 2008

Don't Do This At Home

A blustery, humid, mid-summer Minnesota day...you don't have to be a weather man to know that rain is on the way. Left at about three with Brian, who I did the TTT with a week or two ago. We kept it very simple, but worked hard at avoiding any hills. The company and conversation was great. Stopped off at Brian's for a second or two at the end of the ride. He lives close to Lake Harriet so I figured one time around the lake wouldn't hurt. On the southwest side of Calhoun, I got behind a pick up with a large totally enclosed trailer. The draft was fantastic. I was able to stay on with no problem at all and was doing 30 mph with very little effort, even coasting at times. The only issue was I'd lose the draft if I was more than 3 feet off his bumper. There were no problems though. We came to a stop sign, and he took off very quickly, I almost didn't catch back on, but gave it one last effort and popped into his slipstream again. Very sweet with little effort, although riding 2 to 3 feet off the back of trailer, that you can't see around, or over, going 30 miles an hour, keeps you from enjoying the scenery around the lake. 39/17.1

No comments: