Wednesday, August 6, 2008

TTT

So I agreed to race in a team time trial this Sunday. I'm pretty nervous. I haven't raced a TT in 6 years. I sold my TT bike a little more than two years ago, so I'll be racing stock. One more thing. I'm racing in the category where our ages totaled have to be no less than 160. There are 4 of us. Three of us alone meet the age requirement. I'm the second oldest.
We went down to Lilydale Road and practiced tonight. It was really fun. We just practiced our protocols in the line, and got a feel for what we can do. I feel much better after practicing with these guys. It's a 40k (25 miles) TT. We think it's reasonable to come in under an hour, and based on our practice tonight, it seems doable. I rode over there, then we did 4 out-and-backs along Lilydale, and then I rode home. Good looking view of downtown from the Hiawatha Bridge, with the sun setting tonight. 42/19.5

1 comment:

StevenCX said...

Good luck, I'll be marshalling.