Saturday, August 2, 2008

Don't Panic

Slowest Saturday ride since April. I got out my records from last year, and found that I rode farther and faster today than the first Saturday of August in 2007. Whew! I guess the end of summer has kind of sneaked up on me.
I love this Afton route. Although, today I found my self wondering if there was a road or two that would just go around some of the hills, instead of straight up them. And I can now add Mrtyle Street hill to my list of Hills I Hate. There seems to have been a time in the not too distant past when I loved hills. Getting old sucks! But, it's nice to know that I was using the wisdom I've garnered over the years to look for roads less hilly.
Lots of cyclists out today, which is understandable, with the temps in the 80's and low humidity.
Tree lined roads breaking out into broad views, rivers, and lakes were all included in the packaged deal I got on this ride. Just some light feathery white clouds against a deep blue sky were the added bonus. Boaters, wind surfers, motorcyclists, barbequers all seemed oblivious to the fun they were missing out on not being on a bike. 96/18.6 another 7 around the lakes

No comments: