Saturday, June 13, 2009

small chainring

Rode solo again today. I'm turning pretty anti-social.
It's very unusual for me to climb in my small chain ring, and there were some good climbs today. Quads were not happy and were doing everything they could to not do any work. I don't get it either, I had a low mile week last week. They had nothing to be complaining about.

Clouds were hard to find as green foliage was everywhere soaking in all the sun had to offer.

Photos Of The Road Ahead
Augusta
East Of Jordan
Just On the East Side Of Shakopee
God, I hate these high traffic roads.

It was a perfect day, and I was grateful to be out, but I just wasn't into it today. I had to kind of force myself into riding. Nevertheless, I'm not complaining about my distance or speed considering my bad attitude. 97/19.2

3 comments:

tainterturtles said...

Not a bad mileage for being solo. What does one think about when riding 97 miles alone?

Harry Legge's Cycling Blog said...

It's not so much what I think about, but what I see and become connected with. There's, a least for me, a constant communication with all that's around me. So I connect with the eagle eating the dead racoon, the heighth of the corn or soybeans, how muddy the Minnesota River is, and of course I hear from my body, how it feels.
There are times when I do think about what's been going on in my life, kids, death, ex, friends, girlfriends, but mostly it's about what I'm experiencing as I ride.

tainterturtles said...

Yes, a true cyclist!

Isn't it amazing how connected you can become to everything around you when you're out cycling. When you are in a vehicle, you miss all those smells, sounds & sights. Even the birds sound loud!