Sunday, August 9, 2009

FLATLESS!

Banner day today for Tom. I rode for over 60 miles without a flat!

Rode by some of the damage caused by last night's storms. People are great. I noticed 7 or 8 cars parked out in front of this home. I assumed neighbors had come to help clean up.



A spectacular summer day. I did a loop up through Wayzata, Medina, and Baker all the way over to Lake Independence, then down back to Baker and around Lake Minnetonka. It is easily my favorite area to ride in, with rolling hills and very few cars. I did see a lot of cyclists out. In Wayzata I saw Meg and Doug from the team. Stopped and talked for awhile. Saw some Tonka boys up by Lake Independence and then saw a turtle trying to cross the road. Stopped picked him up and got him to the other side. No less than 3 minutes later a big milk tanker came roaring by. I just may have saved that little guys life.
Just before I get to Lake Minnetonka, who do I see, but Charles, so we rode home together for about 25 miles. Just a great day.
Haven't taken a picture of a barn lately, and thought this was a good one.
63/18.3



1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Wow, you are a "turtle rescuer."!!! Thank you for looking out for that little guy.

Sounds like you had a good day today.