Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Urban Jungle

Today's safari takes us into the urban jungle, on the look out for the elusive and rare albino squirrel. They live high up in the canopy of this dangerous tangle of roadways and stop signs. Other dangers include cars the size of rhinos roaring and charging from red lights with no warning.

Ahead is a more peaceful part of the jungle. Humans live there in neatly organized colonies they call neighborhoods. I am in this colony for only moments when....

Wait....is it possible? Is that it? YES! A rare sight indeed, years of preparation and planning for this safari have paid off. I have encountered what few others have seen.

Tom, safari guide and wildlife photographer.




The B bike served me well again on today's jungle excursion. 33/17.2

4 comments:

Sandie Beeche said...

Amazing to see the rare albino squirrel.

You might like this blog post about squirrel karma:

http://ponderings-donderandblitzen.blogspot.com/search?q=squirrel+karma

tainterturtles said...

Wow Tom.....awesome albino squirrel photo. Good thing you keep your camera in your jersey pocket. Be sure to show your grandson the photos.

I have to say I missed a "once-in-a-life-time" shot on my way to work this morning. An eagle was feeding on a dead deer along the highway...he was so beautiful. I did not have my camera handy, my mistake.

Lynne said...

Aw, I love the animal posts. So cute! Well, sorta like a rat with a fuzzy tail, but still.....

Every time I see an albino squirrel, I wonder how they survive since they are so visible?

Saw a rabbit grazing on the next door neighbor's greenery lining the side of her house. Showed Jackson (took a few minutes for him to notice) and he started doing that kitty chirping thing.

tainterturtles said...

Lynne, I call it the kitty "chattering" thing. My kitty cat does the same thing at the grey squirrels and the one black squirrel that hangs around our yard. I'm sure kitty would love the albino squirrel too!!!!!