Saturday, March 31, 2012

Done

Tough today. Cold, wind and hills got to me. I was able to eek out a respectable effort, but am cooked. The planned route to Belle Plaine got cut short and Jordan became the southern most point of the ride.
Heading out of Jordan due east there was a mean southeast wind, that dug into the quads, hams, and glutes. We put together a nice echelon, and held tough. Finally we made the turn, that all my rides have, where we get to enjoy seemingly effortless flats, superhuman ascents, screaming descents, and wide sweeping turns at 25 mph. There were smiles.
I have really good friends to ride with. I'm very lucky. Thanks Amy, Steven and Greg. 73/19.1

Personal Note:
A year ago today I went on my first date with Penny Leporte. That's a personal best for me.

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

When I was out running this morning that southeast wind hit me as well and I thought about all you cyclists out riding today.....I was like, geez, those guys and gals are sure tough! 41 degrees this morning and damp coolness just didn't make me want to jump on a bicycle...sorry!

I am so happy that you and Penny have connected. I really enjoyed that story you told us a while back. Thumbs up Tom!