Saturday, March 3, 2012

Simple Prescription

Hard to know what to do, with all the white stuff coming down. Trails were covered, wind was blowing and the wind chills were plummeting. Well, I was going to ride, that wasn't a question, but what bike? I was worried that there'd be unseen ice underneath the new snow. The older I get the less I want to go down. It really does hurt. So, I broke out the Winter Beast, 26er studs and all. Looked like I made a good decision for the first four or five miles, but then we got off the trail, the roads cleared up, and the sun even broke through every once in a while. WB is a hefty boy, and it's hard work turnin' his cranks. I tucked in behind Taylor, Amy and Paula and just hung on as best I could. Cross bikes for everyone else so it wasn't like it was a hammerfest. Lots of talking, laughing, catching up on the week, and just good old schmoooozing. My voice is actually a little hoarse from all my gabbin'.
Riding a bike is as good as it gets. Add a few good friends, and it goes off the charts. I'm very fortunate to have such good friends. I needed to be with them today. Nothing big, it was a hectic, hard work, and sometimes unpleasant week. That's all gone now because of some great friends and a bike ride. 47/15.1

I think I need another cup of hot chocolate, with lots of whupped cream.  Life is good!

3 comments:

amy said...

yup. these rides save my life on a regular basis.

tainterturtles said...

Friends make life enjoyable, especially when their friends on bikes!

Unknown said...

Liked your Prescription for Cycling