Saturday, May 19, 2012

Brutal

Oh that wind! Gusts in the face, and from the side, of 30 mph. The onslaught we had to deal with was vicious, and unrelenting. And what do you do? You really can't hit the wind back. You just have to take it.
I'm a big chain ring guy. I was in my small ring on the flats, and couldn't even manage 13mph at times. Just gwad-awful!
By the time we did get a tail wind, the damage was done, and although speed definitely increased, we were cooked. Being with friends (misery loves company) is always fantastic, but other than that, the only real joy came from the accomplishment of 85 miles in some pretty rough heat and brutal attacks from the wind. Far from the bliss that accompanied last weeks effort. 85/19.3

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

I could feel the wind and heat as I read your post. I even saw dirt devils today out in the farm fields!

Good effort day......treat yourself.