Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I GET THE MESSAGE

A month or so ago, I wrote about an experience I had after passing a 20 something. He said something about me being old and being able to hustle.
Today, again at a stop light, a 30 something woman said to me, "your pretty fast for an old fart". I looked at her, took a moment, and responded with "I guess I'll take that as a compliment".
She indicated it was meant that way. But, you know, I really don't need to be reminded that I look old. I already feel old. I guess it's nice to be thought of as fast. Oh well. 21/16.6

Nice, But Cold Sunset Tonight

2 comments:

amy said...

weird. Youngsters are so rude these days I guess. Time will eventually get them all!

tainterturtles said...

Oh that's funny. I'm sure the thirty-somethings look up to you. That's a compliment!!!!