Saturday, February 2, 2013

Do It Again

A cold but bright beginning for Amy and me. The two inches of snow changed our plans and we just stayed close to home on the city trails. I was on the Beast with studs, Amy on her cx with no studs. We rode slow, but we were pushing through two inches of snow and, of course, the big tires. Nice ride for me, although, Amy went down on some ice that was hidden by the new snow. Bruise, that's it and she rode for another 15 miles after that. Like I always say, she's tough as nails.
I got home after 32 miles, had a cup of hot chocolate and felt the need for more miles. Put the same clothes back on and did another 14 miles around the lakes. It was a beautiful day, even though the temp was 2 degrees. The sun being out and little to no wind made it a delightful ride. 46/12.1

Amy From The Front (plenty of frost on the balaclava)
 The Greenway Was White
 My Studded Tires, Insulated Water Bottle, and Gators Over My Boots

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

Wow, two rides today....nice.

Ohhhh, poor Amy. The ice is everywhere and yes, it's now hidden under the fluffy snow.

So glad it warmed up today. The sun really did feel good.