Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentine's Day

I usually prefer a little less snow with my winter, especially as I've gotten older, but today provided the reason why snow is a magical part of the annual seasonal routine I've come to love and hate, during my 54 years at the 45th parallel. Just gorgeous along Minnehaha Creek this morning, after about 3 inches of snow fell during the night.


Got my usual ride in this afternoon. The temps had been dropping all day, so what had been melting earlier, was now freezing and crunchy. I probably would have felt a little more secure on the Beast, but Evil was, as always, up to the task I ask of him. 20/13.4

Of course, spent Valentine's Day evening with Penny. I made her some peanut butter cookies covered in chocolate. Yes, I made these completely by myself and from scratch. I think she likes peanut butter more than me.

And some roses.


After we shared our Valentine's Day gifts with each other, we sat down in front of the TV and watched "This Old House" for me, and "Project Runway" for her. Is that love or what?

4 comments:

mrbill said...

As usual great pics, snow is nice to "Look AT"

tainterturtles said...

Yes, that's certainly love...for sure!

MrDaveyGie said...

Nice pics and those cookies sound delicious !!!

amy said...

what about cookies for me?????