Saturday, May 17, 2008

Green Hammer Hundred Report

Started off with 4 riders, lost 1 at about 15 miles. At 35 miles the guy who was taking all the city limit signs started fading. I waited for him at Watertown. He was about a 1/2 mile back. Before we got to Mayer (60 miles), we couldn't see him any more. The only guy left had ridden very smart. He'd stayed protected from the wind, didn't take on the sprints, and stayed close on the hills. He did fall off before we got into Waconia. I've just got to say this, he and I were the two oldest. Greg's at least 5 years my senior, and I had the other two guys by 10 years. I did 99% of the work, which is never a problem, and after Hanover I took all the city limit signs. (and I'm no fucking sprinter)

It was just a perfect day to ride. As we were leaving the cities we saw 3 or 4 other teams out. We headed north into the wind. The scenery was alive. Last time I did this route (maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago) it was beautiful, but no green on the trees yet. Today it was just all green everywhere. Out in the farm land the fields were plowed and unmistakeably fertilized. Oh that fresh country air.

It's always a good work out to put in a hundred miles, and even though I came in with a better average than last week, last weeks ride was much harder, because of the hills. Like I said though this week I did 99% of the work. Last week I may have done 70%. 100/21.4 Then I went around the lakes for another 10 miles at a cool down pace.

Just perfect out today.

No comments: