Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ageless

You go out for an easy ride and what happens? You come up on some young kid that's got to go fast. Damn, I just had to light them up with him on Summit. It really was fairly tame. He took off from a stop light, and I grabbed on to his wheel. I let him pull for awhile, and then I came around close and slow so he could grab on. He did and I slowly raised the speed. He didn't come around me and fell off slightly a couple of times, but was able to get back on at stop lights. Turned on to River Rd and he came up beside me and we started talking. It's pretty cool, that you can come up on a total stranger, not say a word, ride a little and gain a respect that makes you want to talk and share some stuff about bikes. He was about half my age, and it didn't matter. 45/17.8

No comments: