Monday, September 29, 2008

Cool But Friendly

Just did my recovery route, but saw Cam on the greenway. Then some guy passed me so I grabbed on and got about a 3 mile pull from him. He said, "no problem" when I thanked him. Shortly after that I came up on Marta. She was commuting home from work. I had knickers, a long-sleeved jersey, and a wind vest on. She just had a jog bra and shorts on...that's one tough woman. I got a shout out from Dan on River Rd. At about Portland and Minnehaha Parkway, a guy I didn't know came up on me and just started talking. He's into MTB and CX...just bought a Salsa 29er. We talked all the way to the band shell.
It was nice to see so many people out. I was cold even though it was in the upper 50's, that NW wind made me wish for some 80's again. Oh well, it's going to be awhile. 34/16.8

No comments: