Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pretty Lucky

Went with the team today, and rode out to Wayzata for a coffee stop. I was nervous. Lately I've been kind of hyper-aware of what can go wrong on a ride. But riding with my teammates, quickly put me at ease and I was enjoying a beautiful late summer day ride.
I've been so fortunate. At the crash, before EMT's got there, three nurses stopped and helped me. Also, another three nurses stopped and offered help. I've mentioned in previous posts how great Brian was. My family and even my ex were willing to do anything I needed to help me recover. My team had a little get together for me last Friday, and have been so encouraging and positive in their wishes for me to get better. So many people offered help from driving me places, running errands for me, and even picking up groceries, if I needed. Can you believe it?
Lynne was fantastic, in coming over and keeping me company. She also drove me to pick up my bike. She's been so helpful.
I can not believe how quickly I've recovered. From laying in the ER , with 3 broken bones in my face, wondering if my riding fetish was worth it, to less than two weeks later riding out to Wayzata with my team. Scabs are gone, the white is returning to my eye, and my leg feels better everyday. Pretty lucky! 47/17.6

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Glad you had a good ride ;-)

I'd definitely have lost the bet as to when you'd be back on the back, let alone back up to speed (or close enough).