Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Healing Starts

Thanks for the great comments!

I got my bike back tonight. Lynne drove me over to the police station. Brian was smart enough, and had the presence of mind to get my bike secured. The bike is in much better shape than I am. A quick look-over just exposed a scrape on the stem by the steerer tube, over the back screw. At the time of the crash, we'd been out for 20 miles and had been averaging 17.8 mph.


Here are some pictures of my helmet.










There was a time in my younger days, when I didn't wear a helmet. Pretty stupid!
Well, I won't be wearing this one again.
I'm tired, stiff and sore. Head over to the Dr., in the morning to see if I need surgery on my jaw.
I don't want to have surgery, or have it wired shut.
I'm glad the day is over. I'm looking forward to getting some sleep.

No comments: