Saturday, February 7, 2009

Almost Road

Instead of beginning the ride from a coffee shop we gathered at an upscale liquor store. It was open. A few minor mechanical problems had us stopping at a couple of bike shops along the route. My computer died and I must have gotten super charged batteries for it, because I was registering speeds like 30, 31...I even saw a 79 mph, and that was into the wind...rrrrrrrr.
Clouds and gray greeted us at the start, but soon ...blue skies, nothin' but blue skies.
I'd wanted to ride one of my road bikes today, but as I thought about it, the roads all potholed, I settled for replacing the studded tires with light tread cross tires, and rode the Evil One.
Tough headwind out to Excelsior, then we had the crosswind up to Lake Independence. Finally in Maple Plain, we turned east and enjoyed an effortless flight into Wayzata and home.
Delightful scenery, with rolling hills, farms and lakes. We saw all sorts of wildlife like, cows and horses.
I felt good when I got home. I sure thought I could've done more miles, but with my computer problems I just didn't know for sure how far we'd ridden. Now I'm glad I kept it where I did. I figure that's the hot chocolate (with a little somethin' extra) I had after the ride.
Thanks to Cam and Steven. Good ride! And we even saw Paula at the Wayzata Caribou. 53/16.8

3 comments:

Lynne said...

roflmao! Can I have that compuer, pretty please?

Sounds like a good ride, that tailwind was incredible (headwind to get there? WhatchutalkinaboutWillis?)

tainterturtles said...

53 miles.....wow, very nice HL's. I'm sure the wind was a challenge.

StevenCX said...

A great ride, can't wait to do it again!