Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boring and Tense

Another wussy boy attack today. Didn't want to play in the cold wind, so...it was 2 hours on the elliptical machine for me.

Not Bike Related Warning

Kind of a busy and interesting day.

I drove 200 miles, for work today, and witnessed a dramatic car accident on my way home from Mankato.
Moving at about 65 mph a pickup pulled in front of a car. The car swerved to avoid the pickup, went into the median, and became air borne. I'd say it's wheels were off the ground by about 6 or 7 feet. The car landed on it's side. I was no more than 10-20 feet away from all of this happening. When the car landed I was even and parallel to it.
I'm not sure the pickup driver knew what he did. I'm not sure he knew he caused an accident. The car was in his blind spot, but the pickup was definitely at fault and caused the accident.
I saw several other cars stop to help the car's driver. The pickup didn't stop. Because I had to slow to avoid all of this, the pickup had gained about 1/4 mile. I decided to chase it down. While I chased it I called 911 and told them of the crash, and where it happened. By this time I had caught up to the pickup, and also gave the dispatcher the make, color, license plate number and location of the pickup. I continued along the highway, and about 2 minutes later saw Sheriff's and emergency vehicles heading in the other direction toward the accident scene. I don't know if anyone got hurt, but can't imagine that there weren't injuries.

1 comment:

tainterturtles said...

What a story to tell. I applaud you for calling in the truck's description and detail of the accident. I'm sure you were glad to be home tonight.

Good choice staying indoors today...better days are coming.