Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Still Got It.

Over the years I've found that as the lethargy of the winter sets in, I start to worry about getting back to the same condition I was in the past season. Despite the progression of the years, I've managed to eek out ways to convince myself that I'm still as fast, or strong as I was in younger days. Today I found that I'm still in great form, as I was able to fix a flat as well as I did last year. Even the cold didn't effect my repair ability.
OK now the truth. I couldn't find the hole in the tire or the tube. After the new tube was in place and inflated, I congratulated myself on a job well done, until I got home and heard tsssssss. The hole wasn't too hard to find once I had my bifocals on. And as you can see, I managed to take a significant lump of skin off my thumb knuckle. Why does the little stuff sting so much? And yes I did swear.
Hey, I got home ON MY BIKE. No cab, no phone call, just me and my whits. 30/15.7

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Oh, Tom. :-(

I really feel bad for you! I'm glad the day you had a flat was a warmer day, but still. Sucks.

tainterturtles said...

Good thing it was warmer today. Changing a flat when it's single digits outside would not be my idea of fun.