Saturday, December 19, 2009

Nice

Just nice. What more can I say? Came across the Loon State boys again, and had fun mixing it up with them.
Part of the trail wasn't plowed, which is a little iffy in a group. Plus, I seriously lack any technical abilities on the bike. Through the rough patches I got out of the way, let them all come around, and then trudged along through the loose 1-2 inches of snow. Amy schooled us all on bike handling skills. Nobody waited for me, and I didn't expect them to, but once the trail was no longer an issue, for me, I quickly caught up. The winter beast would have been wonderful through that bad stretch. I might take it out tomorrow as an inch or two is predicted over night. 50/15.3


This photo has nothing to do with today's ride. I took it from my balcony when I got home.
No filter, just a telephoto lens, and the fastest shutter speed my camera can produce.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

That is such a weird image, but beautiful. Hard to believe it's the sun and not the moon, actually.

Anyway, yeah that snow was slip-slidey, but it was good to get a lesson in. You guys were coming at us pretty fast, though! I was like, "I am getting my butt out of the way!"

Don't know about you, but my thighs are quite angry with me, and the tofu is done marinating so I guess it's time to feed them.

tainterturtles said...

50 m was a good ride today, especially if you dealt with snow patches, and you still averaged 15 mph....geez. Good job.