Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Flat Tires

Well I've had two in the last 2 weeks, but I didn't have to change any of them on the road. Both flats were discovered prior to my ride. The first one was the result of an old tube and the stem just broke through the tube. Today's flat must have happened late in my ride yesterday. Just as I was ready to leave, I noticed the rear tire was flat. Took out the tube, found the hole, patched it, and noticed the tire casing showing through in a couple of places, so I replaced he tire as well. The work delayed my departure, but that turned out to be nice, because I saw Dan, Amy and Laura on the ride. Thanks for the waves!
I went across the Stone Arch Bridge, and noticed the Mississippi much stronger over the Falls than the last few days. It's a beautiful city scape, with the dam, the falls, all the bridges, the mills, and the skyline. 38/18.0

No comments: