Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Trauma Surgeon, Physical Therapist...

Nice ride tonight. Rode over by Como Park, Lake Phalen and Mounds Park. As I went by the new UofM football stadium another rider came up on me and started talking. He had ridden in from Stillwater yesterday and was heading home now. As we talked I asked what kind of job he had where he stayed overnight. He said he was on call as a trauma surgeon at HCMC. It was a very nice conversation. After riding through downtown St. Paul, I rode down Summit Ave. This time I remembered how much I hate Ramsey Hill and took the switchbacks. Another rider came up on me and started talking. He told me he was a physical therapist. I would have been in good company if I'd crashed tonight.
Lots of cyclists out tonight. I also saw Scott and Laura from Birchwood.
I just took it easy trying to keep the legs moving, not wanting to work too hard before Ken Woods. I'm already over 300 miles for the week. Great weather, good conversations and lots of people out, always make for a good ride. 44/17.7

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, they're probably very happy you didn't need their services.