Monday, June 2, 2008

Flat Wet Rhythm

It was raining when I left, so I broke out the "b" bike. I got a late start because of work. I'm suppose to be semi-retired! I was surprised to see as many cyclists out as I did. I even got a "hi Tom" or two.
At about 7 miles I got a flat. It sounded like a shot gun which is never good. About a 1/2 inch cut in the tire. I glued a patch on the tube, and just to be safe, put a boot on inside the tire at the cut. After I filled it up with compressed air, I got to enjoy a little syncopation for the duration of the ride. I double checked the tire when I came back around to my place, and it looked fine so I finished my figure 8 route without incident.
I was tired, had a hectic day at work, got wet, had a flat and still wound up having a pretty nice ride. I kept it short and easy. 30/16.2

No comments: