Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trees Shrink When They Get Wet

Lots of water on the ride tonight, so I took the CX out with the full fenders. It's always hard to get started when it's raining, but always worth it. Just did my winter route along the greenway, down Minnehaha to the falls, and on the path along the creek to the lakes and home. Got hit (lightly) by a tree branch along the greenway. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out the branches were hanging lower because they were heavy with water. I paid a little more attention after that and ducked.
Not very many cyclists out, but I saw two separate soccer games underway, a softball game, and at least 5 sail boats out on Lake Harriet. Apparently there was a professional bike race in St. Paul tonight. I'm a little bummed I missed it, but decided to play it safe and stay close to home because of threatening weather.
Minnesota is a pretty cool place. Weather doesn't get in our way. 33/15.4

No comments: